Sunday, November 13, 2011

About Graduation

I documented the day of Kania's graduation at the end of last month (gonna post some of the pics later), and everything about the  "pending" graduation thingy was bothering me again. Not in the sense that it bothered me personally until I worried about when I would graduate (believe me I don't give much damn drama about it), but I'm a little bit tired of questions from the people about "when's your turn?" and so on, or people who are too concerned about when they will graduate.

Graduation is a happy thing. It's a festive celebration that lulls us which sometimes makes us not realize (or do not wanna know, though we actually do) that the actual real life awaits after it. However, what's life if we do not celebrate every moment of it, right? In addition, happiness is only real when shared, I believe. There's never something wrong with big celebration. Of course, the term 'big' is different from one another. Who doesn't like rewards anyway? I personally think people should reward themselves sometimes, and graduation, in its own way, is a reward to our countless hardworking days of studies.

The thing is, I want to graduate with a sense of relief. I'm not a straight-A-student, but at least I want my final project into something satisfying. I am in a rush to the deadline, doing as best and fast as I can, but I think grumbling, and sighing, and mumbling, about graduation is not gonna help either, no? So let's graduate decently!


You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who decide where to go.
~ Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment